Monday, September 27, 2004

All Better Now, Except for Mysteriously Ouchy Swollen Hands.

Even though I usually have this really strict Never Delete Posts principle when it comes to online journally stuff, I decided to take down my freaking-out post from last night, because I like to keep all my angst over at my LiveJournal. I don't mind people knowing I take care of my mom, or that she has early-onset Alzheimer's, or even that there are definite ups and downs to the whole situation, but I kind of want to keep the majority of my posts in *this* blog at least vaguely knitting-related.

That said, I'm feeling much, much better today, and I'm realizing that being overtired, having PMS, and caregiving are an iffy combination at the best of times. :)

The only thing is, I did lots and lots of housecleaning last night -- clearing out cupboards that I don't think have even been *opened* for years -- and obviously I've been doing lots of Kool-Aid dyeing-stuff, and winding up balls of yarn by hand, so now my hands are all... ouchy.

So that's annoying, because I shall be impeded in my knitting!

Plus, my fingers are all weird colors from the Kool-Aid staining but I'm afraid trying to scrub at them or use nail polish remover or anything.

Ah, well.

Off to do non-knitting-type stuff, and then print out the Hallowig pattern (and directions to the new coffee house knitting group is at tonight), and then ponder the question of whether or not I really do want to have a red Hallowig, or whether red is going to be less Sydney-from-Alias and more Raggedy Ann, so maybe I should just go with using the hot pink yarn I bought ages ago?

Oh, the agony of choice!

[ Edit: Oh hell, and I have the rest of the Kool-Aid yarn photos to format and put up. I keep avoiding forgetting to do that. ]

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayme said...

baking soda, mixed with a little water to make a paste. apply to hands and rub. tends to work on kool-aid hands

September 27, 2004 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger The Frog said...

Hey you, it's Suzanne, aka "Froggie".

You knitting bloggers, that's right you are officially one of them, have inspired me to create my own blog.

Come visit me at "my pad" - sbfrogger.blogger.com

September 28, 2004 at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home