Saturday, September 25, 2004

Death By Kool-Aid.

Um... well, the Kool-Aid dyeing didn't go so well. I want to disown the yarn I dyed, it's so horrible. But it was kind of fun to play around with the Kool-Aid (I haven't dyed Easter Eggs for years, and it was kinda like doing that, so I was a happy little monkey for a few hours), so that's a plus.

I'm not quite in the mood to put up pictures of the unfortunate dye-job yet. Will wait for it to dry completely and see if it looks any better then, I think. And I may go get some more of the Pink Lemonade flavor Kool-Aid and see if adding lots of that helps.

Argh!

Oh well; I think I know what to avoid when I try Kool-Aid dyeing again, and I've got some ideas that I think will work for next time. I'd put them up here, but since I thought my other ideas re: dyeing were good ones, and then I tried them and they didn't work, I think I'll be keeping the new ideas to myself until I see if they're crap or not. ~grin~

One thing, though -- I'd recommend either doing most of the dyeing outside, or at least in a wipe-clean sort of place like a bathtub or kitchen sink/counter. I, brilliant thing that I am, just put a tarp down in the guest bedroom and went to town with the dyeing. Nothing got stained, but transporting the liquid-covered tarp to the bathroom without splotching the carpet was kinda tricky.

Also, don't start the dyeing at midnight when you're already tired. I didn't finish until about 4am, so I'm kind of out of it today (going to have a nap before knitting group tonight, yessir I am) -- but at least by the time I realized the dyeing was going terribly wrong, I was aready so exhausted that I thought *everything* was hilarious. Yay for silver linings, etc., etc.

Work to do now, have to run.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is kool-aid?

September 26, 2004 at 1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me asked that, btw. stupid anonymous commenting. *sigh*

--reb
(r)

September 27, 2004 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home