Wednesday, September 22, 2004

How I Learned To Knit. Incorrectly.

So, a little over a year ago, I decided that I needed both a therapeutic hobby and a Harry Potter scarf. So, I learned how to knit, from various websites with knitting instructions.

Here's the never-to-be-finished fragment that is the first thing I ever knitted...



Apparently I wasn't really paying enough attention to those web-instructions, because the I knitted ended up with wonky slanted stitches. Since I was knitting the scarf on circulars, there was a strange (my best friend Mia called it "special," the darling) spirally effect.

Behold!



I switched to Plymouth Encore and knitted an entire scarf with the "special" spirally stitches and gave it to Mia, but then I lost it at a club. It wasn't *entirely* my fault, but her replacement scarf is still one of my works-in-progress.

Here it is -- I'm holding the tube open so Tracy can see what I was trying to explain about how you can knit a scarf as a tube. You just hold the tube shut with fringe when you're done.



There'll be more about Harry Potter scarves in a bit, but I'm going to post this now and see if all the pictures worked...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home