Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Just so you know...

Ok, apparently I am physically unable to do 2x2 ribbing correctly. My Hallowig's stitches are wildly inconsistent, and I am going to have to learn Continental knitting I just know it.

[ Edit : (11:05pm) Well, I've got 4.5 inches of the ribbing bit done, so 2 more inches to go, and then I get to the scary, following-diagrams bit. Also, switched over to using an Addi Turbo needle, so the yarn felt slippier and my wrists stopped hurting as much.

Quality of ribbing = still laughable, but improving slightly. Yay!

Plus, if you look closely at the sample-Hallowig picture on knitty.com, you can see that the ribbing on the bangs is sort of uneven, stitch-wise, so...

Why am I stressing about this? It's a wig. Made out of yarn.

Right, that's it, I refuse to worry about it any more! [/eejit]

Oh and also I tried Continental again, and I think I could do it if I could make the yarn stay in my left hand, but as it was I ended up giggling at myself for being a spaz, and switched back to labor-intensive English knitting. ~le sigh~ ]

3 Comments:

Blogger The Frog said...

Hey you... look what I found - corrections to the Hallowig pattern:

http://www.megan.scatterbrain.org/notmartha/index.html

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATThallowig.html

September 30, 2004 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Summers said...

Ohhhh hell I just got past the part with the corrections! And I am so not going back and redoing it, no I am not.

But thanks for the sites with the corrections. :) V. resourceful. I must remember to look around for corrections from time to time!

September 30, 2004 at 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

May 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home