Thursday, September 23, 2004

More Harry Potter Scarf Stuff (I Did Warn You, You Know)

Aside from being an exceptionally pretty site, atypically.net has a really good set of Harry Potter scarf patterns. The webmaster, Lauren, seems really nice -- I don't know her at all, but she returned my email within minutes when I was having a problem, and I got the definite impression that she is quite smart *and *a sweetie from her reply.

And, you know, niceness is always a good thing, I find. Bastards can just piss off, really.

What was I saying? Oh right, Harry Potter scarves.

Lauren's site has an entire section on Harry Potter scarves -- patterns, yarn and color recommendations for different budgets, and links to knitting-instruction pages.

This is the scarf I made using her Prisoner of Azkaban Scarf Pattern...



I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted--Bordeaux for the main color (Lauren recommends Brick Road instead, I think), and Sunburst Gold for the stripes. It took me ages because as you can see it's quite a long scarf...



...(or maybe you can't, because I forgot to put something in the photo for scale. But I happen to have the scarf right here, and I just held it up to compare it against my height. I'm 5'10", and it's a tiny bit taller than I am, including the fringe.

Then, as I had yarn left over (I bought two Skeins of Bordeaux and one of Sunburst Gold) I made a hat to match. I used the same pattern as in the cabled hat I just posted about, but with stripes and without the cabling.



Out of everything I've made so far, the scarf is the thing I'm proudest of and most pleased with.

I'd like the hat quite a lot too, if it weren't a little bit too short. As you will soon see, I have Major Hat Issues as far as getting them to fit right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that hat and scarf together look *gorgeous*!! rilly rilly.

also, i now understand what you mean by 'hat'. i was thinking like hat-with-brim type hat, not beanie, you see, so was wondering what on earth a knitted one would look like. but beanie = yes.

(r)

September 23, 2004 at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home