Thursday, September 23, 2004

Summers Attempts Cabling.

I went for quite a while without knitting, but then in May I decided to try making a hat.

I love 1920s-style cloches, and they tend to look decent on me compared to other hat styles (maybe it's the short-ish, bobbed-ish hair and complete lack of modern fashion-sense?), so someone at LJ Knitting referred me to a site with lots of easy hat patterns to try out.

And, as soon as I re-find that site, I'll post the pattern I used for this hat...



I used Lion Brand yarn, and an Addi Turbo 16" circular needle (US Size 8) for it, and did the decreases with another US Size 8 circular (an aluminum Boye circ, I believe) instead of using double-pointed needles. It worked out really well and the method was easy to learn (I'll link to that too when I find the site I learned the two-circular technique from -- gosh I'm organised).

I also realised what a good investment Addi Turbo needles are. So far, I prefer them to any other sort of needles, but I admit I haven't tried any really high-quality bamboo needles as yet. Still, I'm trying to convert Tracy to Addi Turbos for the gorgeous ruched blanket she's working on, since she says the yarn she's using isn't slippy enough on her bamboo needles. Yay for Addi peer pressure!

2 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

Summers!! I can't believe you think you are a beginner knitter! You can cable, you used two circulars to finish the hat! You ROCK!

September 23, 2004 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger tellen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 23, 2004 at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home