Tuesday, October 05, 2004

And Also, Photos.

Here's the Triangle Hat for your viewing pleasure...



Photo is of the second attempt in this yarn (the first one was enormous, but provided amusement when my Dad went "You knitted a geo(something) dome!" and tried to wear it), and it's officially the last Triangle Hat I'm ever doing. It's just... well, it's still too big, and it's really unflattering and a weird shape.

I really like how the wrong side of this yarn looks, though, so I just keep *looking* at it and wishing I could think of how to utilize the wrong side of my hat...



And then these are swatches from the Kool-Aid dyeing I did last night...



I quite like how the yarn turned out, but I was hoping the one on the right would be more of a raspberry-pinky-red blending into orange, instead of a boring-orangey-red blending into more orange. Would try again, but am out of Kool-Aid.

2 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

Oh! Summers! Your Kool-Aid yarn turned out great! I love the striping on your swatches. The yarn that Chaun saw (Gryffindor colors) was on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36599&item=8136084833 It's the same company, but they offer different yarn on their Ebay site. Not really sure why... Anyway, I had a lovely time with you last night! I really enjoy talking with you. :)

October 5, 2004 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger tellen said...

Summers!! Where are you? I miss your posts. *sigh* I hope all is well with you and look forward to your future posts. :)

October 13, 2004 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home