Saturday, October 02, 2004

Feeling Icka, and Triangle Hat.

So, I'm feeling gross this weekend so far, but I just managed to finish the triangle hat. Will take photo later, I think. No energy now.

But, I was all pleased because it's the only hat I've made that fits well, and then I looked at it and thought, "If I saw this in a shop, I wouldn't buy it. I might not even pick it up."

So that's a dilemma. Is an aesthetically unpleasant garment made better by the fact that I made it myself? Or is it just ugly *and* a waste of my time? Or, do I keep it in a box somewhere and take it out to giggle at it -- I swear, *everything* I knit ends up with some sort of jellyfish-theme -- whilst still feeling really rather proud of myself for learning how to knit and then knitting this from a pattern?

Hmm.

This will be a big consideration when I start on my First Sweater, which may not turn out to be To Dye For because I don't do well in things with no waists.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Frog said...

Hey if you don't want it, can I have it?

Honestly though, I think you should keep it and wear it with pride.

Your knitting is beautiful and beautiful things are even more so when they are homemade. It will also serve as a reminder, later down the road, of the skills you developed in making it - a beauty in and of itself.

It's an accomplishment - any finished project is - but, knowing you, I'm sure it turned out fabulously. It's such an interesting pattern and I was tremendously impressed by the cable hat you showed me. I would be so pleased with myself if I had made it.

Yeah, I wouldn't shut up about it - I'd be bragging for ddddaaaaayyyyys.

October 3, 2004 at 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home