Friday, October 29, 2004

First Sweater + Glittery Pumpkin Things.

So, yesterday was actually a good day -- had a lovely time with Trace and Chaun drinking coffee, winding balls of yarn, and generally being silly (in a good way), and then did lots & lots of errands.

Annnnd, before I forget, here is a picture of the glittery pumpkin things my mom and I made for Halloween (idea courtesy of Martha Stewart, because yes I love her to bits, shut up)...



They were loads of fun to make, actually, and Chaun even let me have a few of the little mini-pumpkin/gourd things she's going to use for projects with her kids, so mom and I get to make even more glittery pumpkins. Yay!

I went to Ross to look for some of the canvas bags Trace and Chaun and Laura use for knitting projects -- Trace gave me two already, but I am greedy so I want to find more -- but my mom was with me so I bought cheap shoes instead (having mom wandering around = not helpful when I want to be searching through piles of stuff at Ross). Then, I went back in the evening and still didn't find any canvas bags, but I did find lots of see-through storage bags, so I bought some and I'm hoping to organize my yarn stash with them. Will take photos when I actually do organize the stash.

Then, this morning I finished the back of the Sealing Wax (from handpaintedyarn.com) sweatshirt...



...and I've just started the front. I can't wait to finish it -- it's so cold out (and in our house because the central heating makes the ceiling in my bathroom leak profusely for some reason, so using the heating = forbidden) that I want to be all snuggly in my sweatshirt right now!

4 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

Oh, those pumpkins turned out so cute!! lol Chaun wants to do them on Saturday at my house. Hmmm... is this just gonna turn into a craft night??

October 29, 2004 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger reb said...

those pumpkins are *darling*!
and, you have added lj-friends on links list. you=sweetest girl ever.
(and, i vote for livejournal, just cos then i can read you on my f-list. because i'm lazy, you see.)

October 29, 2004 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger JoJo said...

Love the sparkly pumpkins!

No, no! Stay on Blogger. Don't leave!

October 29, 2004 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger The Frog said...

Ditto kiddo. My vote's for blogger.

Love the sparkly pumpkins.

Love the Sealing Wax sweatshirt. I ran out of yarn and had to order more from Handpainted Yarn Dot Com - it's been two weeks and I'm getting anxious about it.

I have no patience for anything.

Don't love the fact that men can be so inconsiderate sometimes... okay, so I guess women can be too. But not as blatantly it seems.

Sorry your possessions got ignored and messed with. :(

Envious of your knitting and craft projects.

Don't love the fact that Java Station closes so damn early these days either.

Grrr....

Call or email me if you ever feel like getting together on a Wednesday or weekend to knit.

And... last but not least, have a happy Halloween.

October 30, 2004 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home