Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Meetup Thingy.

Well, the Meetup knitting group, which I've never been to before, was tonight -- it was lovely, except that my fingers froze, but I got about an inch of my sock done, and got to see Thuy and Suzanne again, and Chaun showed me how to crochet! Erm... not that I'll remember, but it's good to *see* someone doing something a few times when you're trying to learn, so you know at least vaguely what it ought to look like. :) So, yay! And there were new people there who seemed really pleasant, and I wanted to be sociable but I was way too tired so I just sort of sat like a small hermity snail and knitted my sock.

Annnnd I drank lotsa coffee, which is the main thing I miss on Monday nights at Andersen's. I wish there were more coffee shops open at night, yes. It's like... Andersen's = casual and all-to-ourselves and soup and sitting on the floor (which I like because chairs and tables = no) and Coffee Shops = other people around, but yumma coffee and comfy chairs. ...can't decide.

Oh, except that since US 2 needles hurrrrrt my fingers, and it was so cold out that my fingers went numb-ish, I could knit away happily unaware of the damage I was doing to my fingertips. Woohoo!

This is completey incoherent. Going to go text message Trace and then rip out the alien-head scarf because Summers + Following a Chart = Oh, the Humanity.

Night night!

P.S. It so amuses me when people introduce themselves, because for me names go into one ear, out the other, and fall onto the floor, unless I have the presence of mind to make up a mnemonic device or write the name and a description of the person down. It takes about three times, normally, for me to get names in a group situation. So here is an inspirational Tripod song to express my feelings on the subject...

Someday the Lord's gonna meet me at a party,
And he won't say 'You don't remember my name, do you?'
He won't embarrass me or put me to shame,
He'll just be graceful and repeat His fucking name,
And I will say to Him,
'It's nothing personal,'
And He will understand,
'Cause He's the Lord.


I mean this all lovingly, of course.

I need sleep. Byeee!

[Edit: Matt, in case you read this, dear lovely friend, I'll call you just as soon as I find my phonecard, and I'm ok, just sort of... you know. Blah. But miss you and hope you're well! ~hugs~ (r)x(r)x(r).

And Jayme, you are a darling to offer your Gameboy charger, thank you so much, but I ordered a new one already so I should be Pokemon'ed up soon -- and as soon as I transfer all my favourite Pokemon to one game cartridge, you're totally welcome to my Ruby cartridge to try out, since your boy is all reluctant re: sharing of Leaf Green & Fire Red. Only after your midterms, though -- I've decided it's unethical to introduce Pokemon to students at exam-time because it's *instantly* addictive. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to tell you this yesterday....you can order any coffee drink at Andersen's. Just ask someone other than that mean boy!
Chaun

October 21, 2004 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger reb said...

lookee, i maded a blog just so i wouldn't have to do annoying anonymous comments anymore!!

OMG you quoted tripod in your knitting blog! yay!

i miss you lots and lots and lots. i shall send you an email to tell you that, though. so, let me know if you don't get an email from me, k?

am pleased to see you enjoying your knitting groups. yay for doing things and being social! *hugs you lots*

(r)-(r)-(r)-(r)-(r)-(r)

October 21, 2004 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Summers said...

Argh, I hate the comments feature on Blogger! No direct-commenting back... Must switch back to LJ...

Becca!<3 youuuuuu, thank you for making a whole blog with which to comment! I keep waking up to see your lovely (r) picture you made me (which is still taped on my wall, yay!) and going "oof, miss Becca." Will go check email and respond, yes.

~whisper~ Also I gave Trace from my knitting group a Tripod CD but I was an idiot and forgot to put Sweet Caroline first, so I need to re-make the CD, yes. :D

October 21, 2004 at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home