Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Quick Updatey Post.

Um... I have sneaked into the guest room (in which a guest is currently staying) to use the computer, and instantly forgotten what I was going to post about. Lovely.

Oh, and I've just written a small paragraph and somehow selected and deleted it without meaning to. Even better.

Knitting group was lovely last night, despite my managing to spill coffee all over myself *and* Trace, and my distinct lack-of-managing to knit anything at all. Trace is making a lovely hat, though, so I mostly just basked in the loveliness and scowled at Chaun for her masterful use of DPNs.

Also I thought it was quite funny that two (very nice) girls from my high school class were there, on the exact day when, before leaving the house, I actually thought to myself, "Hee! I look just awful. Possibly people should be warned. No... maybe they'll think it is a costume?" because my skin is a General Plague Area this week. Yay for stress and hormones!

Then, Chaun told me handpaintedyarns.com (which I am *not* linking to because it is dangerous, yes it is) has a new yarn with Gryffindor colors, and I thought I was being all good because I didn't go "I must haaaaaaave it!" In fact, I managed to eat a muffin at Borders, babble at Chaun, and get home to get myself *and* Mom ready for bed before I became obsessed with said yarn.

So I dyed some yarn with Kool-Aid (1 skein orange/pink/red, and 1 skein lime-green/blue) using Trace's gorgeously simple method, and then went to bed.

Where I did not sleep, of course, because having my Dad at one end of the house and my brother David at the other creates a sort of rumbly snore-vortex centred upon my bedroom. Ah well.

Back to GRE-studying and Dickens-fangirling, etc. And searching for the evil Gryffindor-color yarn.

[ Edit : Cannot find Gryffindor-color yarn. Think Chaun is playing mean trick. ]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36599&item=8136084833

There is the link, it was on their ebay store. Fun to see how it knits up!

October 5, 2004 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

You're so funny! I didn't think you looked terrible! I did however look you up in my yearbook as soon as I got home, and guess what, I totally remeber you now! You do look different, but in a mature, you've grown up way.

I look like a baby in my senior picture! And those bangs I had! Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Anyway, hope to see you again soon, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to lock myself in the office for a little while until I finish my thesis. Wish me a speedy return to Knitting Group! I'm going to need it!

October 9, 2004 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home