Friday, October 22, 2004

Scallopy Link.

Just putting up a link to this page, which has the two scallopy patterns I've been trying out. I'd somehow managed to print the page without the web address on, you see, so I want to keep track of it now I've found the page again.

I'm trying the first variation (the one without yarnovers) with the Dune yarn I bought, and it's working kind of nicely, I think. Plus, since Dune has two strands, there's no faffing around with knitting into the front and back of stitches; I've just been dividing the strands and knitting into each one, and it seems to be working out. That's probably really plebey, knitting-wise, but oh well.

Also, Chaun is making a felted messenger bag, and I keep thinking about it and going "that is *such* a good idea! I wanna make one toooooo except for me instead of as a gift," and then realising I have way too many projects planned. But, if I made a lovely roomy bag, I could carry my knitting around in it, and I do really need want a nice organised way of carrying around the knitting. Hmm.

Annnnnd I want to make a list of all the projects I want to do and then cross them off as I actually finish them (so as to feel all accomplished and that) but I'm going to go watch Australian heist films (this is my favorite one at the moment) instead. Yay! Will make the list later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Summers, I am actually writing out this pattern as I go. So, I am considering having a free patterns page on my blog & you may take the pattern if you would like.
Also, I think that this bag would be the perfect knitting messenger/tote. I am even playing with the idea of some kind of pocket system inside. We'll see.
Hope your weekend is merry!
Chaun

October 23, 2004 at 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to add to the last post that I will bring you the twisted sisters sock book so you can see how they dye their yarns.
L8r Sk8r
Chaun

October 23, 2004 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home