Thursday, November 04, 2004

Last Night, I Went on a Quest! And This Morning, I Organized Patterns!

Ok, so you know those perfect knitting-project bags that Tracy, Chauntel, and Laura use? The ones Tracy discovered at Ross? The navy-and-cream-colored ones that're about the size of men's shoeboxes? And they're made of canvas, zippered all along the top, and adorned with ever so useful handles plus a little plastic label-window so you don't even have to open the bag in order to know which WIP is inside which bag? Remember those?

Well, I believe I have mentioned that a certain lovely friend of mine bestowed two of these wondermous knitting-project bags upon me recently (even though she *knows* Ross seems to be suffering from a massive shortage of the bags! Such a darling!)

I believe I have *also* mentioned that I am now addicted to the absolute perfectness of these bags, and I really, really want to find more of them. Especially since Chaun has a *red* one, and... yeah. Summers likes red, yes she does. :)

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I decided to go on a little shopping trip last night, to see if anywhere else in town carries the perfect wondermous knitting-project bags. My day had been really up-and-down earlier, you see, and all of a sudden I just *had* to get out and partake of that alone-in-a-crowd feeling that solo shopping provides.

And, *that* part of the shopping trip was really therapeutic. Plus, I got lots and lots and *lots* of exercise. But I'm sorry to say that, as far as I can tell, Ross is the only place in town that even *pretends* to sell the project bags, and yes, Ross is indeed still out of them. I ripped Ross apart for an hour, then did the same thing (but more self-consciously) at Linens N' Things, K-Mart, Staples (it was a whim, don't ask), etc., etc. By the end of it all, I was so tired and broken that I had to put back a few things I'd found for various friends' birthday pressies, because I though I might fall over whilst waiting in line to pay the cashier. Ah, well.

On a happier note, though, I did write down what these randomly-spotted birthday-presents-to-be were, and which shops I saw them in, so if I have enough energy later this morning, I'll go back and fetch 'em. Woohoo!

Oh, sorry, I got carried away as usual with spewing out my Tale of Fruitless Shopping, and I forgot to tell you the *good* knitting-project-bag news! You can get them online, from here. They're quite a lot more expensive online than they are at Ross, I think, and I couldn't find one single site that sells the red bags, but if you've got $8 lying around and no place to put your knitting, well... order away.

* * *

Um, and also since the house is still absolutely bloody freezing, I woke up really really early again today, and organized (almost) all of my knitting patterns! Yay!

Now, if I can actually find time to sit and do some knitting today, I might stand a chance of finishing one or two projects by Christmas! Wish me luck? Please? I promise I won't tell dull, verbose stories anymore if you... oh, no, actually that's a complete lie. Babbling is my life.

Bye for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

You know, I never thought of checking elsewhere in town for those bags! lol But now that you have, I don't have to. :) Good job on organizing your patterns. I love that feeling of accomplishment. Now if I could just make the patterns I have instead of constantly searching out new ones. And Yes, I was so very excited about my yarn that I had to send you the WHOLE email. lol Now I feel kinda silly. Oh well!

November 4, 2004 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home