Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Oh, the Joys of the Political Process.

So, I decided early this morning that I wasn't going to vote. The atypical depression is striking in force, so I was just too tired.

But in the end, I did vote. I'm just back from the polling place, which was a church. There's something fundamentally wrong with that, to me... you know, separation of church and state, and all that. I mean, the least they could do is *physically* separate them!

Here was my post-voting experience:

Me: "May I have two of the 'I Voted' stickers, please?"

Little Old Volunteer-Lady: "Do you have a little boy?"

Me: ~baffled pause~ "No, I just want two. For me. I like them."

Little Old Volunteer-Lady: ~gives me frightened look~


So, I grabbed two stickers and legged it. All in all, I think this Election Day has been a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home