Thursday, November 11, 2004

Sweaters Galore.

Ok, so I'm too lazy to take photos right now, but I feel the need to update anyway. I have the main part of the sweatshirt done, and ten inches left on the hood to knit. I'm going to take Chaun's advice and block the main part before attaching the hood, though, just in case stretching the whole thing lengthwise in an attempt to make it more flattering changes where I need to sew the hood to the neck.

Of course, whenever I think about blocking it, I suddenly feel incredibly tired. I had enough issues blocking out the Gryffindor scarf, for goodness' sake -- how many hours will I spend fiddling around with a whole sweater?

Then, yesterday I finished the back of the Purple Haze Cardigan from Knitwit, which I'm doing for my mom with Emerald merino worsted from handpaintedyarn.com. I thought it would be a good sweater for mom because a) it's a cardigan, and therefore easier on the person dressing mom than a pullover would be, and b) it doesn't have buttons or a zip, so as long as mom can keep it right-side-out and right-way-up, she'll be fine to put her new sweater on by herself. It's not guaranteed about the right-side-out or even right-way-up, though, believe me.

Anyway, I think I've already sort of messed up mom's sweater, but I think it might come out ok if I'm able to keep messing up the pattern directions the same way throughout. It'll be short and squat, but then my mother is quite short, and she'll be able to wrap the sweater around her and be cosy and warm with the extra room. I hope!

Um, and then I want to do the Skully sweater from Stitch n' Bitch, and I have the yarn and everything, but I can't seem to find my copy of the damned book. Which is always nice.

So mostly I'm spending my free knitting time trying to properly mess up the front of mom's sweater, and then getting bored, thinking about blocking the sweatshirt, feeling spontaneously tired, and then moping around instead of doing anything at all. It's a good system, I feel.

Ok, that's all. Will attempt to update later on with photos & that.

3 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

Gosh! You are whipping these projects out, woman! Had a thought about the hood on the Sweatshirt. I did it 26" long (like the pattern says) but it pulls on the shoulders. So, I recommend adding an extra 2". Totally up to you though. :)

November 11, 2004 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck up lil camper! No, your not a fast knitter or anything! I am proud of you for getting the back done so quickly!
See you tonight!
Chaun

November 11, 2004 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I stumbled upon you looking for Purple Haze errata - when you did the back of that sweater, was the pattern correct? I am in the process of making that and none of the stitch counts are adding up when you start shaping the shoulders. Also, if you are talking about that sweatshirt from the yarn girls, I made that and the hood was so messed up and weird when it attached I was sorry that I made a hood.

October 21, 2005 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home