Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hoo my goodness, mother is having enormous fit re: caregiver, etc. Apparently I am her jailer now, and I gave her Alzheimer's/am lying and saying she has Alzheimer's in some bizarre wasting-my-life type power-play.

Happily, since I'm already a big liar in Mumsy's eyes, I have no qualms about feeding her a sedative and saying it's vitamins.

Oh, what a morning.

I did manage to start a new to-be-felted bag, though, which is a combination of Chaun's free pattern and the Meema's Marsupial Tote pattern from SnB. Unfortunately, knitting with the Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride has given me a strage nasal-oriented headache, presumably from breathing in the gross mohair bits. Ow.

Going to go watch Great Expectations with Mom now, and see if she starts to behave in a... more sedate manner. Yes.

(For the record, in case anyone is reading this who doesn't know me, I did not, in fact, give my mother Alzheimer's disease, nor am I lying about her illness in order to convince her to stay home with me and watch bad Dickens adaptations.

I did give her the sedative and said it was vitamins, though.)

2 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

You're back!! Woohooo!!! It's good to see you, well, to read about your life again. :) I am glad that you have been knitting away during the holidays. I can't wait to see the Hourglass Sweater. And as for giving your mom vitamins/sedatives, I found that quite funny!

December 30, 2004 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Summers, it is great to see you posting again! Yay! I always like reading your blog. You have such a cool way with words. I look forward to seeing your Hourglass sweater, too. Mine is going very slowly. One of the people on the Hourglass KAL is almost done with her second one. D'oh!

December 30, 2004 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home