Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Knitty.

Ok, so Chaun and Tracy told me the new Knitty issue was out yesterday, and I'm so caught up in apathy knitting Christmas gifts that I didn't look at it until just now.

And this is the only thing that even remotely appeals to me in the whole issue. ~sigh~ Sad, that.

Oh, except my childhood best friend, Devon, once gave me this sage bit of advice about ordering from catalogues: "If those pants look bad on the model, they're going to look bad on everyone." Which leads me to feel that if they couldn't get the wavy scarf to block out well in the Knitty picture, it's not going to block out well if I make it. ~yet another sigh~

Back to mother's sweater from hell. (Linda has the Bad Cold everyone's been suffering from lately, so she got here late and went home early... hence the knitting at home instead of going somewhere and having a life.)

Depressed today. Can you tell? :)

3 Comments:

Blogger tellen said...

You know, when it's rainy weather like this, I always seem to feel worse. I love the rain because it inspires me to warm fuzzy type things like knit, read, drink cocoa, but my mood is always down when I am unprepared for rainy weather. All that aside! lol I thought you might like the mariah (can I do html in a comment?) from knitty. I know I know, it's going to be difficult but I really want to knit it. And I figured...since you and I usually like the same things...we could do it together sometime in the middle-far future. :) Not as a knit-a-long, just together.

December 7, 2004 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Kalah said...

If it's the cloudy/rainy weather that bothers you (Tracy & Summers...), you may want to look into the Full Spectrum Lighting and the other goodies they have for those who suffer from "Seasonal Affective Disorder". It's one thing to enjoy the warm-fuzziness of the drizzly days, but it's another to feel down because of it. Just a thought, because, well, I had it to share. :) (And I'm killing time. So unlike me.) Good luck on the 'sweater from hell'!

December 7, 2004 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger tellen said...

Summers, just to let you know, Kalah is my cousin. :)

December 7, 2004 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home