Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sunday Coupons.

So, I've always, on some level, thought that taking care of my mother through her Alzheimer's would slowly drive me insane. Today, however, she seems to have decided to speed things up a bit. Think will go spend the Michael's 40% off coupon whilst pondering what to do with the remainder of my ruined life, yes.

Yesterday was lovely, though; spent the late afternoon with Trace, then went to Michael's to buy yarn for a blanket I'm making for the parentals, and as Trace had given me her unused 40% off coupon for last week, I also got a dry-erase board so Linda and I can leave each other notes & various important information. Yay!

Oh, and then I went to Kmart to try to buy a humidifier (the furnace in my parents' house is drying me into a prune, and I feel all weak and faint and dehydrated all the damn time), but I couldn't find one so I bought a new pillow instead, and some pajamas for my mother. I figure the more pairs she has, the more chances I have of finding a pair (she tends to hide/lose them, even if I put them away for her in the mornings when I get her dressed. It's baffling, and really, really frustrating on days like today when I have no goddamn patience whatsoever).

Ummm... yes, so now I'm going to calm down ha!, start the laundry, and then go buy one more color of Cascade 220 for the bag I'm going to eventually make following Chaun's free bag pattern. I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that today was so frustrating!! What about coffee tomorrow morning here? Tracy has some work to do but I think it would be good for me. What do you think?? I will call you too.
Chaun

December 5, 2004 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger The Frog said...

Ditto on the furnace turning me into a dried up prune!!!

My sinuses hate it - but it was my sore cracked lips that really put me over the edge this last week.

I was watching TV and something made me laugh - which hurt because my lips were all chapped and sore. Then I was like, "Oh my gosh - I'm drolling on myself," but when I went to wipe my chin I discovered my mouth was bleeding!!!!

So I got this special chapstick that's for cold sores - I don't get cold sores but it's supposed to help heal chapped lips too - and I got a humidifier at Longs - the big one on the 2900 block of State. They had 4 different brands.

It seems to have helped. Plus it has the extra added bonus of being a "white noise" machine - making it easier to sleep through my dog's snoring.

Either that or the furnace was getting to her sinuses too!

December 7, 2004 at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home