Sunday, January 02, 2005

Meep! Knitting for Barbie!

I forgot to mention that I ordered a ridiculous book, and I am hugely excited about it. It's called Knits for Barbie Doll (there's a crochet version too), and I am, I think, going to use a little bit of my Apple Green (read: fluorescent greeny yellow) hpy.com lace merino to knit a sweater for Kanna's Jem! doll. And possibly a snazzy skirt-suit for Roxxy or Raya.

Yay!

I saw the crochet version of the Barbie book at In Stitches a few months ago, you see, and I was all sad because there wasn't a knitting version, but then I saw a review for the newly-released knit version in Vogue Knitting magazine, and I was verily pleased.

I just thought I'd mention it.

Aaaaand, now I'm off to eBay to see if they have any Jem! dolls for cheap, because I've always wanted one (I only had Superstar-facemold Barbies, growing up, and to be honest I much preferred My Little Ponies) *and* I could use it for fitting. Jem! dolls, you see, apparently have wider hips and smaller breasts than Barbies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Jem! How long it has been since I thought of her. Happy New Year Summers!

January 2, 2005 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Jayme said...

ooh, i always wished i had jem dolls. thankfully, i got seasons 1 and 2 on dvd for my birthday. happy new year!

January 3, 2005 at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home